- Create a greater awareness about Variety among young professionals living in the Philadelphia area
- Attract young professionals (25-45 years old) with a broad network of both new and old contacts in key industries in the area to build a strong and influential following for Variety and Young Variety
- Fundraise and facilitate networking opportunities for Variety while furthering Variety’s mission through various volunteer opportunities and events
Young Variety allows you to:
- Produce and participate in quarterly fundraising and networking events
- Brainstorm on key areas of the organization such as:
- Alternative fundraising strategies
- Marketing/PR techniques
- Innovative and fun events
- New recommendations to the Board of Directors
- Broaden professional and social networks
- Meet and interact with prominent individuals from the public and private sectors
- Highlight professional accomplishments and activities
All of the Young Variety committees will ultimately work together to strengthen the message of Young Variety’s mission as well as create meaningful and successful events throughout the year. Certain committees will be more interactive with each other than other committees.
These committee members will work together to develop and recommend ways to market Young Variety and its mission to new and existing members and donors as well as identify innovative and effective marketing, branding, outreach, recruitment and communication methods. The committee will work to guide and advance Young Variety’s image and reputation as well as increase membership through its events and digital/social media channels including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Celebrity Bartending Committee
This annual fundraiser invites Philadelphia’s favorite local celebrities, Philadelphia athletes and some of college basketball’s best coaches to behind the bar to mix cocktails and sell raffle tickets for a good cause. Committee responsibilities include securing celebrity guests, raffle prizes and sponsors as well as working with the Marketing and Events committees to promote the event through the various channels of social media (will work with the Marketing Committee). Leading up to the event, the committee will hold weekly planning calls to ensure promotion, registration and event details are all in place.
Friends of Young Variety Committee
This committee’s goal is to recruit new members and build the fundraising efforts through quarterly events in order to strengthen Young Variety membership. Committee responsibilities include planning and organizing membership events throughout the year (typically one event per quarter). The most important role is spreading the word and bolstering attendance through new and interesting ways.
Variety and Young Variety host a number of events to raise money and awareness for Variety’s mission of serving children with physical and developmental disabilities. Such events include weekends at Sesame Place, Autism Awareness events (the Autism AWARE Walk and Autism Awareness Night at the Adventure Aquarium) and Camp events (Camp Prom, Sunshine Games). This committee is responsible for securing volunteers for the various events held throughout the year, attending events and helping fill any gaps in volunteer needs by recruiting additional volunteers.